POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliens are coming! : Re: Aliens are coming! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliens are coming!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Mar 2015 03:06:02
Message: <54fab16a$1@news.povray.org>
On 6-3-2015 21:00, MichaelJF wrote:
> that is a very good start indeed, but I see some options for improvements.
> First, the structure looks great, but too many areas are lost in the shadows.
> This seems to be a general problem with space scenes, since one has only one
> light source (star) close by. May be a binary star can solve this. The orbiter
> can still have a different color in this case. The second issue is the engine
> glow. IMO it should have more turbulence at the edges. Otherwise really great.

Thanks Michael. Shadows are a problem in (deep) space scenes. It the
reason why I have put Neptune to the left of the image. It reflects part
of the sunlight on the ship with a bluish tint. Making the ship of a
lighter colour helps too.

I agree about the turbulence. I started to work on that and then got
distracted by other things...

--
Thomas