POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: scott
Date: 6 Mar 2015 04:14:29
Message: <54f96ff5$1@news.povray.org>
> I was playing with mine today. The Nvidia card (GTX 970) has an inbuilt
> 3D laser sight and it seems to change its depth depending on what it is
> pointed at. The further away the target is the deeper into the screen it
> is.

I was thinking of the 970 as a good upgrade for me (650 currently), my
PSU might disagree though. Gigabyte do one with 3x displayports which
would work if I ever upgraded to 3x gsync monitors. I wonder how much
GPU umph the rift needs compared to monitors?

> Wait a bit and you will be able to pick up a DK2 cheep.

That's a good idea.

> Matched for size and manufacturer. :-D

The bezels are annoyingly different though (one has a big thick
transparent plastic bit around it), I was thinking I might take them off
somehow, but again one of them doesn't have VESA mounts on the back so
it would be a bit of a project. IIRC for the nVidia surround to work
they need to be the same resolution and refresh rate, but you can use a
program called softth if you want to use mismatched monitors.

> I may have mentioned that a couple of years ago I did a contract at
> Mercedes HPP. I never noticed a keyboard in any of the F1 cars ;-)

Yes that it pretty much how the flame wars start on the iRacing forums.

> I've been trying to get VoiceAttack to work but M$ voice recognition is
> racist and says it doesn't recognise Glaswegians. "Glass them" does not
> deploy the hardpoints the way it should. :-)

:-) The best voice recognition I've seen is on my phone, it seems like
it is possible to use the Google speech-to-text API but doesn't look
officially supported and you need to hack about with API keys etc.