POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Mar 2015 06:14:19
Message: <54f83a8b$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/03/2015 08:29, scott wrote:
>> When was the last time you saw a 3D TV that wasn't in a shop window?
>
> This morning? :-)

Me too. :-)

> TBH if you want a decent specced TV you'll be hard pressed to find many
> without 3D. I didn't particularly want 3D but in order to get other
> things (like >2 HDMI inputs, >60Hz refresh, iPlayer/YouTube etc) you
> pretty much have to get 3D too.
>
> I tried the 3D once with a PS3 game and thought it was pretty rubbish -
> using the tinted glasses was better, never used it since.

Thanks Scott. You prompted me to try Elite in 3D, again.
When I first tried it. The screen looked like one of those old arcade
games. 2D -> 3D with different distinct layers. It has improved so much
that you don't notice it is 3D. :-D

That is not going to stop me buying an Oculus Rift when the commercial
version is available, though.

--

Regards
     Stephen