POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: scott
Date: 5 Mar 2015 03:29:55
Message: <54f81403$1@news.povray.org>
> When was the last time you saw a 3D TV that wasn't in a shop window?

This morning? :-)

TBH if you want a decent specced TV you'll be hard pressed to find many
without 3D. I didn't particularly want 3D but in order to get other
things (like >2 HDMI inputs, >60Hz refresh, iPlayer/YouTube etc) you
pretty much have to get 3D too.

I tried the 3D once with a PS3 game and thought it was pretty rubbish -
using the tinted glasses was better, never used it since.