POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: clipka
Date: 4 Mar 2015 17:43:13
Message: <54f78a81$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.03.2015 um 11:07 schrieb Stephen:
> On 04/03/2015 09:54, scott wrote:
>> This technology has taken a huge step forward, hopefully enough people
>> will buy them to give them enough funding to develop the 2nd gen models.
>
> With different companies developing their own systems. My concern is
> that we will have a rerun of the Betamax-VHS war.

That's the one thing that worries me, too.

At the moment I would guess that the Oculus Rift will set the initial
standard for the API, as the early availability of the dev kits has
giving them a head start already, and the official integration into the
Unity engine will help, too.

But once the baseline is settled, there's no telling which company will
take over the leadership in the field.