POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:58:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: scott
Date: 4 Mar 2015 04:54:07
Message: <54f6d63f$1@news.povray.org>
> Size of the battery ? (and duration ? it might be painful to stop to
> recharge, like it happens with the various remote controllers)
> Weight of it ?
>
> Can they make the same with some cables for power and video ?

I can't believe they would sell it without the option to have it cabled.
Having 120hz refresh is a good improvement over the Rift prototypes, but
it should really have a variable refresh rate to match with the graphics
output (like the nvidia gsync system) to minimise lag when the GPU can't
keep up with exactly 120fps. Also it seems like 1080p shared between
both eyes is not really high enough resolution when spread over such a
wide field of vision.

This technology has taken a huge step forward, hopefully enough people
will buy them to give them enough funding to develop the 2nd gen models.