POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Feb 2015 14:12:40
Message: <54e635a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/02/2015 07:52 AM, scott wrote:

> Our annual rises are non-negotiable and totally separate from any other
> request for a rise.

Likewise.

> But there is no problem at all with asking and starting the process for
> a rise the day after you get an annual pay rise. If you have a valid
> reason in the eyes of your manager then they will help you write the
> request, or write it for you if you're lucky. After that it's up to
> various directors to consider which applications to accept.

On the one hand, in the last few days I implemented a fairly major
feature. Our Director specifically mentioned that several customers
desperately want this feature, and so I went and implemented it. [It
turned out to be unexpectedly easy.]

On the other hand, the company seems to be severely struggling for cash
right now. (To the point that I've just been updating my CV. I think it
may be curtains time soonish.) Asking for more money seems futile.

Remember, I don't work for some huge multi-national conglomerate. We
employ less than ten people! If a few customers are a bit slow to pay,
that severely upsets our cashflow.