POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: scott
Date: 19 Feb 2015 02:53:15
Message: <54e5966b$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't know how your employers conduct their annual reviews but IMHO
> they should be a two-way process. You have a right to respond their
> criticisms and offers.
> Assuming that you have hit or exceeded your targets (set in last year's
> annual review), they offer a 5% pay rise; don't accept it. Instead
> counter-offer with a request for 15%. This, of course, will be rejected
> - but now you have started a bargaining process. Your target is 10% or
> 7.5% with additional perks. BTW don't forget to get the agreement in
> writing before you leave the room ;-)

Our annual rises are non-negotiable and totally separate from any other
request for a rise. For the annual rise you are put into a category
(1-5, most people are 3) as previously agreed with (or told by!) your
manager based on your performance against targets etc. The rise % is
determined for each category based on the company performance.

But there is no problem at all with asking and starting the process for
a rise the day after you get an annual pay rise. If you have a valid
reason in the eyes of your manager then they will help you write the
request, or write it for you if you're lucky. After that it's up to
various directors to consider which applications to accept.