POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Doctor John
Date: 19 Feb 2015 01:12:07
Message: <54e57eb7$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/02/15 18:40, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

<snip>

> (Having just said that, a few days ago I had my annual review, and I did
> in fact get a small increase. So it would be particularly pointless to
> ask for me right now...)

I don't know how your employers conduct their annual reviews but IMHO
they should be a two-way process. You have a right to respond their
criticisms and offers.
Assuming that you have hit or exceeded your targets (set in last year's
annual review), they offer a 5% pay rise; don't accept it. Instead
counter-offer with a request for 15%. This, of course, will be rejected
- but now you have started a bargaining process. Your target is 10% or
7.5% with additional perks. BTW don't forget to get the agreement in
writing before you leave the room ;-)

John
--
Protect the Earth