POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 Feb 2015 13:40:36
Message: <54e4dca4$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/02/2015 08:07 AM, scott wrote:
> Sounds to me the same as how scammers deliberately put bad grammar in to
> improve their hit rate. If you're paying peanuts you don't want to waste
> your time with people expecting double the salary :-)

Well, it would explain why we never interview anybody actually worth
speaking to. :-P

> I get emails from recruiters offering me staff, sometimes I honestly
> don't know if they are spam or real emails.

Same here.

Mind you, when I was looking for a house, I emailled an estate agent
about viewing a particular property. They never bothered to arrange that
viewing - but they've been spamming me on an almost daily bases ever
since. (I moved house well over a year ago now.)

>> I do recall suggesting to our boss that I go show the graph to the head
>> of finance. Everybody agreed it would be utterly *hilarious* to see the
>> look on her face - you know, for the remaining 17 seconds of my
>> employment with the company...
>
> If you don't ask... I only found out recently but our directors here get
> about 40 requests (as in official written requests from managers) every
> year for pay rises, separate from the annual pay rise system. Apparently
> there's about a 50% success rate.

I'm guessing your employer *isn't* teetering on the edge of financial
ruin though?

If the company has no money, they ain't gonna give you a raise.

(Having just said that, a few days ago I had my annual review, and I did
in fact get a small increase. So it would be particularly pointless to
ask for me right now...)