POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: scott
Date: 18 Feb 2015 03:07:53
Message: <54e44859@news.povray.org>
> ...and then I saw my boss write a job advert, and the job agent
> completely changed it all *for absolutely no reason*. Broke all the
> sentences, screwed up the grammar, rearranged everything so it had no
> logical order, and inserted lots of BS sentences about "excellent
> company culture" which mean precisely nothing and just make it look like
> you have nothing real to say. They also *removed* several critical,
> non-negotiable requirements from the advert. (I'm talking about *legal*
> requirements - stuff we legally can't waive.)

Sounds to me the same as how scammers deliberately put bad grammar in to
improve their hit rate. If you're paying peanuts you don't want to waste
your time with people expecting double the salary :-)

> All these recruiters seem to do is run Google searches for CV documents
> who's buzzword content vaguely matches the buzzword content of the job
> spec. They all *claim* to be doing all this candidate vetting stuff for
> you, and yet we still end up interviewing people who don't know what
> "operating system" means. And yet, the recruiters think we're going to
> pay them 40%? Er, NO!

I get emails from recruiters offering me staff, sometimes I honestly
don't know if they are spam or real emails.

> I do recall suggesting to our boss that I go show the graph to the head
> of finance. Everybody agreed it would be utterly *hilarious* to see the
> look on her face - you know, for the remaining 17 seconds of my
> employment with the company...

If you don't ask... I only found out recently but our directors here get
about 40 requests (as in official written requests from managers) every
year for pay rises, separate from the annual pay rise system. Apparently
there's about a 50% success rate.