POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 17:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 16 Feb 2015 13:03:05
Message: <54e230d9$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/02/2015 08:40 AM, scott wrote:

> I have to agree with Andy here, my experience of school (compulsory up
> to age 16) and sixth form college (optional up to age 18) is that most
> people didn't want to learn.

At college, every lunchtime my classmates would walk across the road to
the Winter Gardens, and come back after lunch obviously drunk. Every
single day. The lecturers claimed we were the worst class they'd ever
seen. [But they presumably say that *every* year...]

> It was only when I got to University that it was suddenly full of people
> who actually wanted to be there and wanted to learn.

Well, I didn't go to Oxford or Cambridge. I went to some no-name
university that nobody's ever heard of and isn't even there any more...