POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Feb 2015 10:22:10
Message: <54e0b9a2@news.povray.org>
On 15-2-2015 13:53, Stephen wrote:
> On 15/02/2015 12:26, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>
>> I am not a computer professional so that world is indeed foreign to me,
>> but what you and Stephen are saying truly appals me... But then I may be
>> from an alien planet: I have never been /really/ interested in
>> money... :-)
>>

>  From a Dutchman! We will keep that quiet. ;-)

I am afraid I am already ostracised ;-)

> During my time in Aberdeen I met a lot of geologists who only studded it
> to get a job in the Oil Industry.

Oh yes, there are those. To tell the truth, back in the sixties in NL at
least, those where mostly concentrated in another university than the
one I was in (Amsterdam) which was considered more 'leftist' and less
oil-minded :-)

>>> Unless you mean I give the lecture while dancing the quickstep. ^_-
>>
>> Seriously, in a good lecture before an audience, some kind of
>> choreography (even body language) is of paramount importance. Whatever
>> the subject.
>>

> Good body awareness is important. You don't want to knock your coffee
> over your notes.

Oh dear, no! Nor drop all your overhead sheets on the ground as I saw
happen :-)

--
Thomas