POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Feb 2015 08:18:12
Message: <54e09c94$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/02/2015 12:57, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> According to the Academia Stack Exchange portal, it seems if you have a
> PhD, everybody immediately assumes you're going to be hellishly
> expensive to hire and summarily drops you from consideration.

That does not fit in with my experience. True often PhD's end up at the
top of the pile but lots of them do lesser jobs. They just have a PhD.
It does not rule them out from doing jobs they are "over qualified" for.

> Unless you want to work in the finance industry, which only exists in
> London.

I am beginning to get the feeling that you are a member of a sect that
vilifies London as a pit of depravity.

>>> Fun fact: They stopped giving out university grants just a year or two
>>> before I started university. I AM STILL PAYING FOR MY TUITION! More than
>>> a decade later... *sigh*
>>>

>> Scandalous!
>
> Hey, I spent 10 years earning minimum wage, so...

Even more scandalous.

--

Regards
     Stephen