POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: clipka
Date: 15 Feb 2015 08:12:26
Message: <54e09b3a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.02.2015 um 16:33 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> OK, so it's been a while since I posted a big wall of text. So here goes...

I wouldn't normally respond to this posting of yours, but just to let
you know how much interest there is in reading such posts, I hereby
declare that I did read it with interest. Huffman coding wasn't new to
me, so I skipped over that part, and I'm also somewhat familiar with
Markov chains including PPM, but range encoding is an interesting
concept I hadn't heard of before. Also, I do start to notice that human
memory seems to be made up of DRAM cells, so a refresh cycle now and
then is most welcome ;)