POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Feb 2015 06:05:46
Message: <54e07d8a$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/02/2015 10:33, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> I was thinking about you going for a doctorate; you are as capable as
>> the Kat and I. All you need is an original project.
>
> My mum wanted me to do a PhD. I have no idea why. As best as I can tell
> from reading Stack Overflow, if you have a PhD then you are basically
> over-qualified for 99% of all employment opportunities ever, and you'll
> never be able to work outside academia ever again.

Maybe Mother knows best. :-)

Going from your mathematical ramblings. I think that you would be
eminently suitable to do a PhD at a good university. Not one of those
who were ennobled, just to take the overflow from schools. When
politicians decided it would keep them off the dole for another three years.

>>> Not my favourite lecturer. :-P
>>
>> Yeah. Come the revolution, he'll be the first against the wall. [I am
>> not joking]
>
> Dude, if you hate your job so much, WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING IT?!?

Yeah! Go on and tell him. I'm all ears. :-P

And while you are at it. Which revolution or counter revolution, would
that be? ;-)

> Still, at least he could speak English. Many of my lecturers couldn't
> (or at least not very well). Seriously, if your JOB is to teach people
> who only speak English, not being able to speak English is surely an
> instant disqualification. No?!?

It would be at a a school. Universities are different, they employ
lecturers for what they know and publish. Their world and ours touch but
occasionally.

--

Regards
     Stephen