POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 15 Feb 2015 05:33:29
Message: <54e075f9$1@news.povray.org>
>> In short, I haven't come across a lesson where people are there because
>> they actually *want* to learn something. Most of them are just seem to
>> want the bit of paper that makes employers think they're awesome.
>
> I was thinking about you going for a doctorate; you are as capable as
> the Kat and I. All you need is an original project.

My mum wanted me to do a PhD. I have no idea why. As best as I can tell
from reading Stack Overflow, if you have a PhD then you are basically
over-qualified for 99% of all employment opportunities ever, and you'll
never be able to work outside academia ever again.

>> Not my favourite lecturer. :-P
>
> Yeah. Come the revolution, he'll be the first against the wall. [I am
> not joking]

Dude, if you hate your job so much, WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING IT?!?

Still, at least he could speak English. Many of my lecturers couldn't
(or at least not very well). Seriously, if your JOB is to teach people
who only speak English, not being able to speak English is surely an
instant disqualification. No?!?