POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Phishing fail! : Re: Phishing fail! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phishing fail!
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 11 Feb 2015 09:31:18
Message: <54db67b6$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2015-02-10 21:12, Jim Henderson a écrit :
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:47:49 +0000, scott wrote:
>
>> Only if you measure "success rate" as the number of scammed people per
>> 1000 clicks on the scam link in the email.
>
> That is the metric that's used - it's the same sort of metric that's used
> by spammers as well.  They don't target well, they just blanket and hope
> they can get a click.  The high conversion rate for scammers is based
> entirely on an initial response -> scam successful ratio, because they
> don't want to waste their time with people like us who are just going to
> waste their time.
>
> Jim

Yep.  Just like when "Jenny from Windows support" calls saying our
computer has a virus, and my wife says "hang on, I'll let you speak to
my husband, he's the one who takes care of the computers around the
house", they usually hang up, because they don't want to waste their
time with someone who's going to mess with them for 35 minutes.

/Not that I would ever do such a thing... Honest.  :D