POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Phishing fail! : Re: Phishing fail! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phishing fail!
From: scott
Date: 10 Feb 2015 05:48:03
Message: <54d9e1e3$1@news.povray.org>
> I seem to remember reading, possibly here, that misspelt or
> syntactically incorrect phishing emails do indeed have a higher success
> rate than those with flawless $INSERT_LANGUAGE_OF_CHOICE. There was a
> link to an academic paper but right now I can't find it.

Only if you measure "success rate" as the number of scammed people per
1000 clicks on the scam link in the email.

If you measure it as the number of scammed people per 1000 emails sent
out then you'll get a better success rate with a correctly worded email.

I guess it depends if the scammer is paying for website bandwidth or not.