POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Twitter API, anyone? : Re: Twitter API, anyone? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:41:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twitter API, anyone?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Feb 2015 11:59:24
Message: <54d24fec$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 22:20:38 -0500, gregjohn wrote:

> Hi, I started playing with Twitter API.  I have lots of permissions and
> keys but no idea how to start using them.
>
> I ultimately want to start using "GET statuses/user_timeline".  I am
> told to type in a signature base string, authorization header, and cURL
> command.  Is this, um, in Python?  Unfortunately the main page which
> might explain things isn't loading.
>
> Can someone recommend a good programming dev environment for the Mac in
> which I can use those commands. thanks.

Sounds like a REST API. cURL is sometimes used for that from a bash
prompt.

If you do Python development, have a look at the python-requests package
- I do a little python/REST work myself for work, and I've found that to
be the easiest way to handle this - python-requests will manage the
session, so you only need to perform the authentication once (that's
usually in addition to the authorization header, which I think includes
an API key of some sort).

Jim