POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zombie Apocalypse : Re: Zombie Apocalypse Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:33:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zombie Apocalypse
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Feb 2015 03:28:14
Message: <54d0869e@news.povray.org>
On 2-2-2015 23:37, Stephen wrote:
> As I said earlier in the thread. I find eavesdropping on your
> conversations educational. (And it sometimes gives me some street-cred
> with our ABAPers . Especially with the younger ones straight from Uni.)

Me too (about eavesdropping).

When I looked up ABAP and saw that it was developed by SAP, I got
reminiscent nightmares from the time the Survey decided to switch their
administration to SAP. Not only did it cost about 10 times what was
expected initially but nothing worked really well any more.

> The scary thing is that LOLCODE and Brainfuck make more sense to me than
> C sharp or C plus + plus.
> I prefer to explicitly tell a m/c what to do rather than use the high
> level languages used today.
> Years ago I asked for help writing a C++ program to work out a moving
> wave program. Warp tried to explain why I could not and should not use
> goto and gosub. I could understand the words but not the concepts.

The best I could do years ago was FORTRAN 77...

--
Thomas