POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zombie Apocalypse : Re: Zombie Apocalypse Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zombie Apocalypse
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 2 Feb 2015 15:48:43
Message: <54cfe2ab$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/02/2015 08:38 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 02.02.2015 um 21:03 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>> To be fair, *nobody* in the room really knows C++ properly. I like to
>> think I probably understand it better than my colleagues, if only
>> because I've *tried* to understand, rather than just hitting it until
>> the compiler errors go away...
>
> That's indeed the best qualification for a software developer.

I find this mentality of "bash it until it stops complaining" to be
really... unsatisfying. Surely if you actually understand a tool, you
can get stuff done far more quickly...

OTOH, I spend a lot of time trying to configure Linux. Good luck ever
finding out how anything works. :-P

>> But that's nothing. Today I saw a code review on Stack Overflow. Nothing
>> unusual there. Oh, except the language? LOLCODE.
>
> If you want something really scary, try Brainfuck...

Or, you know, Whitespace.

But seriously. You're asking for a code review... of LOLCODE? Surely
observation #1 is "why did you develop this in LOLCODE?"

Of course, there's always Unlambda...