POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Beware Hacks : Re: Beware Hacks Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:00:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beware Hacks
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Feb 2015 02:20:57
Message: <54cf2559@news.povray.org>
On 02/02/2015 06:35, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 23:30:37 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>

>> White ones? :-P
>
> Powder-free nitrile exam gloves are what we use.  Excellent for food
> handling, and disposible.

I was joshing. White gloves as in dress uniform. :-)

>> It doesn't usually bother me as the skin on my hands is used to being
>> roughly treated.
>
> It generally doesn't bother me until I go to rub my eyes - and then I
> remember.  That comes as a result of my allergies, hence the need to use
> gloves. :)

Or rub your nostrils. In truth it is sensible to wear them. I've seen
chefs use them for chillies and with food like beetroots.

>> But it is winter and I have a hack (cracked skin) about
>> 3/16" long and down to the meat. The tomato sauce I was making was not
>> spicy enough so I crumbled a couple of dried chillies into it.
>> I thought that with this being a computer oriented group. The word play
>> would be appreciated.
>
> I actually wasn't aware of that usage of the word 'hack' - now that I do
> understand, that is a bit of fun wordplay.

Do you know the usage in the phrase "I can't hack it"? Meaning I can't
do it.

>> How's the job going? BTW.
>
> Excellent.  We just finished a software RTM last Friday - my first major
> release - and it was hectic and crazy, but a lot of fun.  The most fun
> I've had anywhere I've worked, actually - I get to play with new software
> and figure out how it works, and then write about it.  And my coworkers
> on the teams I work with are just FANTASTIC.

I am pleased to hear that. It sounds like an ideal job. :-D

> We just signed the second year lease on our apartment, so we're staying
> here for at least another year. :)

And away from the bad weather too.

--

Regards