POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zombie Apocalypse : Re: Zombie Apocalypse Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zombie Apocalypse
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 1 Feb 2015 07:01:19
Message: <54ce158f$1@news.povray.org>
>> I mean, I *could* post another long rant about how Haskell fixes the
>> stuff that every other programming language gets wrong... But clearly
>> nobody cares.
>
> Not true. Even if I cannot join in the conversations, I enjoy reading
> them. It is educational.

Really? Heh, and here I was thinking I just get trolled by Warp because
C++ is clearly better.

(Does it scare anyone else that I don't know C++ yet I get paid to
produce commercial applications in C++?)

My favourite one to show people is the 400-line C++ module I wrote in
our application, and the corresponding 10-line Haskell function that
does the same thing and is drastically easier to read. Unsurprisingly,
my boss is unswayed by this. (But most other people are like "OMG, ARE
YOU SERIOUS??! How some it's so much shorter? Haskell must be really
powerful. I guess nobody here would ever be able to understand it...")

> Did you go to Blackpool this year?

Yeah, I was at Blackpool for 2014. We got 4th place again - but unlike
the previous time, there were actually some contestants to compete
against, so it felt like more of an achievement. Oh, and last night I
got presented with my latest dance exam award. (Not that my partner was
around... I seriously think she's got bored of me. I never seen to see
her anymore...)

> It is only fair that you spread yourself around. :-P

Like peanut butter?

Seriously - I did a Haskell VFAQ a while back, didn't I? Those same
questions keep repeating themselves. Although more recently, you'll see,
like, six unnamed users all simultaneously post almost identical
questions about "how do I update a binary tree?" or something. It's as
if somebody's setting Haskell questions as homework...

>> That said, I do have a few ideas...
>
> So I see from your first sentence. ^_^

:-P