POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Charlie Hebdo : Re: Charlie Hebdo Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:46:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Charlie Hebdo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Jan 2015 15:57:25
Message: <54b19235$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 17:45:16 -0500, ingo wrote:

> in news:54b00564$1@news.povray.org Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> we don't feel the need to apologise
>
> Günter Wallraff, (re)read his works and watch his movies (some of them
> are on youtube) and apologize to ... maybe you neighbour.

Well, I wasn't saying *I* don't.  I was making the point that there are
large groups of people in the US who want every Muslim on the planet to
apologise for the extremists who say they follow Islam, but at the same
time, those same people don't think they owe anyone an apology of a
similar sort for the terrible things done by people who say they act on
their behalf.

It's a very self-centered view of the world, where the "self" isn't
responsible for anything other people do, but everyone else is
responsible for the things others do.

Jim