POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Charlie Hebdo : Re: Charlie Hebdo Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:49:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Charlie Hebdo
From: FractRacer
Date: 8 Jan 2015 13:51:39
Message: <54aed1bb@news.povray.org>

> FractRacer <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Charlie is dead, long live Charlie.
>> Freedom of speech was hurt this day in France.
>> Rest in peace.
>
> Why do Islam extremists commit acts of terrorism? Because it works.
>
> We are scared shitless, and we are too afraid of retaliation. Most people
> heavily condemn satire and mockery of anything related to Islam (while all
> other religions are pretty much ok to mock). In fact, many governments
> condemn it, and many even have outlawed it (including my country). All
> this at the expense of one of the fundamental tenets of a free society:
> Freedom of speech.
>
> Even if these people and these governments pay lip service to the notion
> that they are protecting all religions equally from mockery and satire,
> in practice Islam has a distinctly special position. Nobody cares if
> someone makes satire of Christianity, Scientology, Buddhism, or anything
> like that. However, do the same for Islam, and the shit will immediately
> hit the fan. Because Islam is special among all other religions.
>
> And the reason for this? The terrorism. It works. It has scared us shitless.
> It has inflicted terror upon us, which is precisely its goal. The
> terrorists have won, and are continuously winning.

In France one religion cannot really be mock (except by his member), the
jewish religion, if you mock this religion you are declared anti-semite.
It is an intellectual terrorism, without deaths.
We, frenchies, don't want to accept the law of terrorism. I only hope
that all the french people will stay calm and do not make ba amalgams
with all the french musulmans and the terrorists.

--
Lionel
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---