POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Won an animation contest : Re: Won an animation contest Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:04:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Won an animation contest
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Dec 2014 11:20:34
Message: <5489c452$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/12/2014 14:39, gregjohn wrote:
> No, there were six other entries.  Most were video footage of tools that make
> samples, like this one which was last year's winner:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYyttv7QHwo
>
> And while I'm pasting, here's my povray animation from last year:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtXRQ8Py4U

In my opinion yours is better. More interesting and much more artistic.

> Steven, the CMOS technology is still very much in use.  Voltage Contrast is just
> one way of finding defects.

I know that it is still on the go but I had not heard of Voltage
Contrast. Not surprising as it is about 20 years ago that I last worked
as an engineer.* And almost 40 years since I worked at Motorola's chip
factory in Scotland.

I did the maintenance on the testing equipment.

* I did get my soldering iron out a couple of days ago to repair
something. Ah! memories. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen