POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial question : Trivial question Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:41:28 EDT (-0400)
  Trivial question
From: Doctor John
Date: 11 Dec 2014 07:41:10
Message: <548990e6@news.povray.org>
I was playing the solitaire game Klondike the other day - my excuse is I
was bored and waiting for a phone call. Having won a game, I glanced
idly at the number of moves I had made; to my surprise it was 150. I
suspect that that was a less than optimal number but it also made me
think about the greatest number of moves a solvable game would need.

The minimum number of moves is trivial to calculate - it's 60; but how
the hell do I calculate the maximum number necessary?  Remember, it's
the maximum number necessary; if a game can be solved in several ways,
the lowest number is the one to be used.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents