POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : screenplay script and text to speech : Re: screenplay script and text to speech Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:37:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: screenplay script and text to speech
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Dec 2014 03:15:59
Message: <5480183f$1@news.povray.org>
On 3-12-2014 19:21, Leroy wrote:
> Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
>>
>>>   Any one heard of such a thing or do I have to make it?
>>
>> I recall that Normand (Dr. No) and Thomas DeGroot were working on a
>> gigantic
>> movie, and Normand came up with this amazing system for actually using
>> the
>> dialog to place the characters....   I'm sure there was a speech
>> variation
>> component in there as well.
>>
>> Check out this:
>>
>> http://tinachepforum.forumup.co.uk/about220-tinachepforum.html
>>
>> and the other "OUT" threads.  IIRC, it seemed complicated but extremely
>> powerful.
>> There ought to be YouTube links to video so you can see the results.
>>

> Nice!

One of the issues I think I remember discussing with Normand was that
the amplitude of the body language movements was too large/exagerated to
seem natural. You can see this effect also in some commercial
animations. The Matt Hatter Chronicles is one I think. Otherwise, the
technique seems to be very effective.

Thomas