POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Man oh man : Re: Man oh man Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Man oh man
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 30 Nov 2014 04:24:54
Message: <547ae266$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/11/2014 02:01 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 21:57:25 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>> (It seems several processes received SIGINT, but for no defined reason
>> THEY CONTINUE RUNNING!>_<  I have no idea why.)
>
> Because signals can be captured, ignored, or their behaviours can be
> changed.  SIGINT is just a signal to a program, and writing an
> interceptor isn't that difficult. :)

But WHY are dd, cat, tee and md5sum ignoring this signal? They don't
usually, and I can see the signal is definitely being delivered.

The Bash script is explicitly trapping SIGINT, but I can also see it
receiving multiple SIGPIPE signals... Why doesn't that kill it?

Also, why does Bash keep cloning() itself? Is it to create subshells or
something? (Obviously clone() followed by execve() is how it executes
commands. But clone() on its own? Why?)