POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Man oh man : Re: Man oh man Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Man oh man
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 29 Nov 2014 16:57:15
Message: <547a413b$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/11/2014 11:52 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 22:31:05 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>
>> Clearly there's no way of altering what its output looks like without
>> months of work.)
>
> Perhaps easier to pipe the output through an awk script (or similar) to
> get what you're looking for.

I spent 2 days writing an elaborate parser for it. But clearly, not
elaborate enough! Because I'm *still* getting parse failures... Hey,
it's not like it has a documented grammar or anything. Every time you
think you've covered everything, another special case pops up. :-S

I have, however, managed to boil 27 MB of strace logs down into a 2MB
HTML file that's colour-coded in such a way that you can just about see
what's going on. (It seems several processes received SIGINT, but for no
defined reason THEY CONTINUE RUNNING! >_< I have no idea why.)