POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Elite: Dangerous : Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elite: Dangerous
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Nov 2014 11:08:16
Message: <54789df0$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/11/2014 15:50, Tim Cook wrote:
> I'll have to go back to my starting system to hawk my Freagle, had been
> wondering about it, then noticed it listed in the shipyard.  After I was
> at a system far enough away that I'd rather push on than go back for the
> cash value.

If there is a wipe for release, remember.

> Speaking of pushing on:  a) FSD speed limit is 2001 c (I see what they
> did there) b) according to an old post on the forum, my attempting to go
> to Sol from Alpha Centauri the long way 'round (since I have a permit
> for Founders World, not Sol) might not be possible, even if I leave my
> ship run for the 18 hours needed.  Unless they changed that.

It won't work. :-(
It is exiting SC that puts you in the instance. A couple of times I
missed the exit point and once was only a00 km from the station. When I
went the slow way. The marker was there but not the station. I had to go
into SC then straight back out. Before it appeared.

> There were some unidentified signal sources when I was Out There that I
> didn't bother checking out, might (or might not) be worthwhile.
>
>> If you enjoy kicking some pirates' butts we might try to meet up some
>> time.
>
> My commander name is Whitacre.

Mine is Justin Joying-McSelf and I am a scaredy cat. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen