POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Elite: Dangerous : Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elite: Dangerous
From: Tim Cook
Date: 28 Nov 2014 01:36:35
Message: <547817f3$1@news.povray.org>
On 2014-11-27 15:08, clipka wrote:
> Welcome to the club :D

\o/

> The choice of controller device(s) also makes a huge difference. If you
> can, I'd recommend grabbing some Joystick/Throttle combo plus rudder
> pedals (or a joystick with a twisting grip, aka 3D joystick).

I've got an SFS Flight Controller, but despite being a nice hefty stick
only has 2 axes and 4 buttons plus 4-direction POV-hat.

Then I got a Saitek ST290 pro at Wal-Mart for like $20, it's got 6
buttons, throttle, z-rotate, and 8-direction POV-hat...but a) the
throttle is part of the joystick's base and b) it's really not
comfortable to use for extended periods.

So far I've evaded inderdiction 4 or 5 times, got a nice 4000+ credit
bounty from one of the hooligans trying to shoot me up, and learned that
a fuel scoop is money well-spent (after having already spent over 8000
cr. on refueling).  Have made it to Ross 154, next step is a jaunt over
to Sol to have a look around, then back out to survey random unexplored
stars for some easy money.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com