POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Elite: Dangerous : Elite: Dangerous Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Elite: Dangerous
From: Tim Cook
Date: 25 Nov 2014 19:31:06
Message: <54751f4a@news.povray.org>
Since I funded the kickstarter at a particular level, turns out that
came with early access at Gamma release.  Right on Commanders!

Initial attempt to play was hindered by some bug with the client, but
when I uninstalled that and reinstalled it, everything loaded.

Banged up my tutorial ship pretty good trying to get out of the docking
lesson, couldn't figure out how to request docking permission, restarted
the tutorial.  Second try went a bit better, reconfigured a few controls
here and there, got clearance to dock, got inside the station, looked
around fully half a minute before finding my docking bay...

...then spent three minutes bobbling around the landing pad, wondering
why it wasn't picking me up with its docking clamps, then decided to
turn my ship around.  APPARENTLY you need to land facing the control tower.

:x

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com