POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : AC Unity : Re: AC Unity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AC Unity
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 25 Nov 2014 13:01:16
Message: <5474c3ec@news.povray.org>
On 24/11/2014 09:31 AM, Tim Cook wrote:
> As long as different settings /are/ different (beyond reskinning the
> same meshes), and games don't encompass all possible settings on one
> swell foop, this will (to me) be a legitimate variation on a game's design.

AC1 was the Crusades, and I liked it a lot. The gameplay got a little
repetitive, but it was a good game.

AC2 was somewhere in Italy, and it's very hard to take comedy Italian
accents seriously. Still, the game had much more variation. (The whole
town renovation bit was a tad unnecessary though.)

 From what I've seen, the next THREE games are all the same guy, in the
same setting. And that's why I haven't bought any of them. I don't want
to go to Italy again; I want to go somewhere different.

(And yes, the game is now a series, so every episode has to end with
nothing resolved so that the inevitable next game has a story to tell...)

Who knows? Maybe if the games get cheap enough, I might buy one.

(Oh yeah, I forgot: can't buy them on Steam either. That's gotta be
another big reason why I didn't purchase...)