POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WebGL : Re: WebGL Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WebGL
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Nov 2014 12:02:54
Message: <547364be$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/23/2014 9:11 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> I've been building a scene with Goo Create for a couple of days now.
>
> Suddenly today I get the message that webgl is disabled on chrome. Even
> is\f I enable it manually.
>
> So I installed Firefox. I tried testing with ShaderToy first. This
> resulted in FireFox becoming unresponsive.
>
> I have a 1Gb ATI HD5770 which has no double precission floating point
> suppport. Could that be the problem? Yet that wouldn't explain why it
> worked in the first place.
>
> Has anyone had similar problems before?
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> My cell-phone can run Goo Create but not my PC!?!

Uh, yeah, Shadertoy uses some damn complicated loading, which something
about how Firefox threads its connections **does not like**. The same
site works like a gem in Chrome and relative browsers (and, with few
exceptions works better, since Firefox is missing "some" of the features
used by a subset of the examples).

I have no idea about the webgl issue, or why it would happen though. :p

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get