POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : AC Unity : Re: AC Unity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AC Unity
From: Tim Cook
Date: 24 Nov 2014 04:31:30
Message: <5472faf2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2014-11-23 06:57, Warp wrote:
> [...] They are all basically the same, just in
> slightly different settings[...]

As long as different settings /are/ different (beyond reskinning the
same meshes), and games don't encompass all possible settings on one
swell foop, this will (to me) be a legitimate variation on a game's design.

Why are people so hard on the setting aspect of things?  I should think
it's more worthwhile to convincingly establish new environments to
immerse one's self in rather than stapling on arbitrary bells and
whistles or convoluted mechanics in the name of having sufficiently
different gameplay.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com