POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question for big brains. : Re: A question for big brains. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:32:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question for big brains.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Nov 2014 07:56:24
Message: <54689ef8$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2014 13:48, Stephen wrote:

> You are both saying pressure and yes I am talking about butane lighters.
> Consider this, the pressure differential between the gas cylinder and
> the lighter is equalised within a fraction of a second.

How ? the lighter has a depleted pressure chamber, and only liquid is
flowing from the refiller.

Yes, adding liquid to the lighter gives back a bit of pressure for the
lighter's side, but not enough. The fresh liquid could vaporize to
provide more gas but that transformation requires a lot of heat which is
not available at the refill time.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)