POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video : Re: "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Nov 2014 10:55:46
Message: <545b9a02$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/11/2014 15:08, Bald Eagle wrote:
> RGB color and elections.
> Sounded  like a good tangent for the POV-Ray off-topic area...
>
> http://www.fastcodesign.com/3035951/the-glaring-design-flaw-in-us-election-maps
>
> Sadly, somehow, someone needs to "study election maps" at the university level
> to accomplish what any grammar school kids could accomplish on a V-Tech tablet
> in 5 minutes....
>
> I'd also say that it's less of an accomplishment than an exposure of the
> obfuscatory methods by which the media presents data.  I mean, they weren't
> lying, or lying by omission - because the data WAS presented...

Coincidentally In the "POV-Ray is getting some bad press over some
Intel-compiler shenanigans." thread in P.general. The journalist swapped
the colours for patched and original on the two graphs. Which in my
opinion is misleading. But then I take everything that the media says
and writes with a pinch of salt. One of the many jobs I've had was a
techy one on a UK newspaper. Thick as mince most of these journos

--

Regards
     Stephen