POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Longhair poll! : Re: Longhair poll! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Longhair poll!
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Oct 2014 13:17:17
Message: <543eac1d@news.povray.org>
On 14/10/2014 17:26, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 10/14/2014 09:56 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 14/10/2014 12:23, James Holsenback wrote:
>>

>>> p-tail here ... couldn't grow it fast enough when I got out of the Navy.
>>
>> Is that pigtails or ponytail? ;-)
>
> pony ...

Sorry for asking but you did mention the navy :-P

> hell you should see the looks I get when the pony tail comes
> out and I just let my freak flag fly ... LOL "Almost cut my hair" reference

I wasn't a CS&N fan but I looked it up and understand the sentiment.

I let my freak flag fly on my last night working in a working man's pub
in Glasgow. After the bell for last orders, I took it out of my shirt to
a stunned silence.
Ah! memories. :-)

>> (Just jealous)
>
> don't be ... I'm all gray (beard and hair)

I'm almost completely white with black eyebrows. If my hair were long I
would look like something out of a vampire movie or LOTR.

That is where the jealousy comes in. I would embarrass myself and more
importantly. My wife would give me. My head in my hands to play with.

>> I take it, that is offensive where you live?
>
> nope ... not offensive here. it's just how it is!

It would be neck snapping here. Waiting for the fight to break out.

> I'm surrounded by
> conservative, religious fanatics. I'm voting purely liberal this
> November for whatever that's worth. The incumbent (30 years) is up
> against a young woman and she's got my vote just on principle. US
> politics (well world politics for that matter) needs more women. ...
> we'd ALL be better off!

Hell is where religion is. IMO

Next year I will be voting against our Little Devil. Mr Boris Johnson,
mayor of London.

>> When I worked in NM it was a given. One of the club, a good ol' boy. :-)
>
> well good ol' boy denotes less redneck ... most good ol' boys let well
> enough alone (until) there backs are against the wall. then all bet's
> are off

Thanks, I thought that they were rich countrified rednecks.
But I suppose that you need to be there to understand.

--

Regards
     Stephen