POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Don't update : Re: Don't update Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Don't update
From: scott
Date: 10 Oct 2014 08:16:03
Message: <5437ce03$1@news.povray.org>
> Sadly, sometimes you try to improve the product and end up actually
> making it worse. For example, we deleted a load of crufty old code and
> replaced it with a single, streamlined class which is far smaller,
> simpler, easier to test, etc. Unfortunately, it also exposed a Linux
> kernel bug whereby our product can't read HFS+ filesystems anymore. :-S

But of course that came up in testing before you released the update... ;-)

I assume the issue with Android is that it is expected to run on 1000
different combinations of hardware and it would be impractical to
thoroughly test on all the devices, especially the ones that haven't
been on sale for a few years.