POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing flower : Re: missing flower Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: missing flower
From: clipka
Date: 28 Sep 2014 20:19:22
Message: <5428a58a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.09.2014 20:40, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:

> So yeah. This is going to mean some big changes. First, the guy she's
> marrying lives in America. So she's moving to America, and I'll probably
> never see her again. Second, his entire family is Greek Orthodox, so
> she's in training for that. (I really hope this doesn't mean she turns
> into one of those crazy religious fundamentalists...)

Haven't heard of any Greek Orthodox people wrapping TNT around their
bellies or publicly burning Kur-ans recently, if that's what you're
worrying about. AFAIK they're quite into sticking to their rituals,
rather than trying to change the world.

> Oh yeah. And the wedding is happening in Boston. (I don't know where
> that is yet.)

East coast, New England. One of the cradles of that crazy religious
fundamentalism, but aside from the Halloween season the locals are not
into witch hunts anymore (been there, seen it).

> On the one hand, I really don't want to go to America. I don't went to
> spend thousands of pounds to sit on a million-hour flight to end up in a
> hostile nation and spent two weeks jet-lagged.

The leg over to America is usually rather easy. It's the leg back
that'll give you the lags.

Also, there are probably direct flights to Boston.

As I mentioned already, the people in the Boston area are quite
civilized these days. After all, they've had the most time to settle in
and regain some of their sanity after having been crammed in a tiny boat
for over two months without seeing any dry land (not to mention living
on that same boat for an additional four more months anchored at Cape
Cod Bay during the winter), which certainly must have been a
traumatizing experience.

Also, the open hostilities between the Bostoners and the British Empire
are said to have mostly ceased by now. They even paid for the tea a few
years back.

> On the other hand, IT'S MY SISTER'S WEDDING! She's my only sister, it's
> the single most important day of her entire life... what sort of
> arsehole would I be if I'm not there?
>
> So... yeah. Obviously I have to be there. Naturally I'm terrified. But
> the wedding doesn't happen for ages, so no need to panic just yet. (The
> wedding is approximately 1 year from now.) Plenty of time to worry about
> it later.

... or plenty of time to rehearse panicking. (My advice: Don't ;-))