POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : missing flower : Re: missing flower Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: missing flower
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Sep 2014 16:08:30
Message: <54286abe$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/09/2014 19:40, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> Oh yeah. And the wedding is happening in Boston. (I don't know where
> that is yet.)

A few miles before Skegness. ;-)

> On the one hand, I really don't want to go to America. I don't went to
> spend thousands of pounds to sit on a million-hour flight to end up in a
> hostile nation and spent two weeks jet-lagged.

If you can trust your sister to go ahead with it. ;-)

quite long about 9 hours with one change. As for the jet lag, there are
ways around that.
A couple of years ago I was working in New Mexico, just to the left of
Texas. The journey time was 25 hours including layovers in Huston or
Dallas. A little white pill from my doctor kept me awake for about 36
hours after I got up and I was none of the worse for it. I went to bed
night time US time and woke up daytime. Bingo! what is the problem?

> On the other hand, IT'S MY SISTER'S WEDDING! She's my only sister, it's
> the single most important day of her entire life... what sort of
> arsehole would I be if I'm not there?

I think that you and Dr J have said it all.
You have to go. Make the best of it. Take tea as a present I believe
they lost most of theirs in the harbour. It is a wonderful opportunity.
For your Brother-in-lay to show you off.

> So... yeah. Obviously I have to be there. Naturally I'm terrified.

So what! I have been terrified every time I've been on a plane for the
last twenty years. All you need to do is sit there and not make a fool
of yourself. You're not being asked to fly it.
Sit back, don't look out of the window and be bored. Bored is good btw.

> But the wedding doesn't happen for ages, so no need to panic just yet. (The
> wedding is approximately 1 year from now.) Plenty of time to worry about
> it later.

:-)

--

Regards