POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I should have more time (but actually don't) : Re: Why I should have more time (but actually don't) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I should have more time (but actually don't)
From: clipka
Date: 25 Sep 2014 14:09:02
Message: <54245a3e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.09.2014 10:47, schrieb Saul Luizaga:
> I disagree that you know your economy better than I do, I'm not writing
> about your Country. And here is why: Who benefits from the
> "mismanagement and lack of foresight by politicians"? that's probably
> done on purpose to suck up money for some rich guy as it usually
> happens,

Never presume malevolence when simple stupidity suffices.

I suppose at least 90% of the people with power don't /deliberately/
create a bad world - they just don't know the system they operate in
well enough to control (rather than being controlled by) it.

Or, to put it in other words: The problem is not corrupt people in
powerful positions - the problem is that the power the people in
presumingly powerful positions have is dwindling day by day, as those
positions are becoming more and more controlled by the system itself.

So, in some sense, modern democracy is worse than an absolutistic
monarchy: In the latter, if things go wrong you know who's ultimately
responsible for it.