POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People Who Break The Law. He Answers Poorly. : Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's GivingMoreMoneyToPeopleWhoBreakTheLaw.HeAnswers Poorly. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's GivingMoreMoneyToPeopleWhoBreakTheLaw.HeAnswers Poorly.
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Sep 2014 06:09:13
Message: <5423e9c9$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/09/2014 10:39, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> I thought about it, it took my 2 seconds, both are possibilities, for
> example a myth like religion is false, because better thinking and
> methods debunks it, that doesn't mean that the few atheist that were
> tortured/killed were crazy/wrong, it's about reasoning and seeing which
> is more probable, I have, and will as long as I can. I'm always glad
> about friendship that comes through, which I consider as true friendship.

Well the problem with most religions is that they rely on Faith which is
outside of science. So no one can win.
You can prove something forever but if the other person believes (for no
other reason that he believes) you will not be believed. And your proof
dismissed.
Also the established religions have a lot of wealth and power from long
ago. They are strong.

--

Regards
     Stephen