POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People Who Break The Law. He Answers Poorly. : Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money ToPeopleWhoBreakTheLaw. He Answers Poorly. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money ToPeopleWhoBreakTheLaw. He Answers Poorly.
From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Sep 2014 18:30:50
Message: <5423461a@news.povray.org>
I'll guarantee that you didn't expect me to write again in this thread.
Just a couple of points:

On 24/09/14 10:12, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> And yes, I also /do/ take that with rational, skeptical and critical
>> thinking: There is a certain gut feeling
>
> This is an oximoron that proves you wrong right there

An oxymoron is a language construct with the purpose of emphasis - e.g.
'deeply superficial' or 'sadly laughable'. It is nothing to do with the
correctness or otherwise of an argument.

> which begs the question

'To beg the question' is to use the assumption of correctness of an
argument in order to prove that argument. In other words, circular
reasoning.

> My only bad did was insulting Doctor John, so don't unfairly generalize
> all my actions on a single mistake, the intentions were demonstrated by
> my acts, and I think they were good enough and I reconsidered my bad deed.

... but failed to apologise to the person you insulted.

Now, just a little point that's worth remembering: many of us who post
on this newsfroup are possibly older than you (I am 64, TdeG is 67 etc
etc) and age implies experience which in turn implies wisdom. If you
don't want to listen to me then at least take advice from the others.

John

PS I quote a piece from a memo sent by one of my cow-orkers to someone
who was determined to get at me:
'I am but an egg and my knowledge of such matters is as far below yours
as mine is above my colleagues'. But, whatever you do, don't f*ck with
the Doctor.'
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents