POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome God : Re: Awesome God Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesome God
From: clipka
Date: 24 Sep 2014 12:40:28
Message: <5422f3fc$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.09.2014 14:04, schrieb Saul Luizaga:
> http://youtu.be/6RGcb7alSk0
>
> I think it's an awesome song celebrating our Awesome Universe and the
> ideals of Perfect Justice, Love, Understanding, Harmonious Living and
> Sharing, even when misplaced expecting some God to bring them to us when
> it's up to us to implement them the best we can,

That chorus still sends shivers through my spine (*), even though I've
been steering clear of contemporary Christian music the last years for a
reason (and would certainly steer clear of the full song).

(* Hillsong are pretty good at that actually.)

It's interesting to see someone attribute the "ideals of Perfect
Justice, Love, Understanding, Harmonious Living and Sharing" to this
piece of music - they're not really in the lyrics, so apparently they
must be in the music. Probably a lot of it is in how the audience sings
it as one with all their heart.

Maybe I should skim my collection from past times for stuff that I can
still subscribe to in some respect.

I also should revisit that song I wrote myself, about what "music is
made for", and see if I can "de-christianize" it so I can put my
signature under it again.

> and it's not that hard since we have imagined such ideals.

Mandatory in this context (pick one at random):
http://youtu.be/DVg2EJvvlF8
http://youtu.be/954zi2VgEA8
http://youtu.be/6dfc0EYktwI?t=3m10s
http://youtu.be/GPeB6kGxWY0
http://youtu.be/MeEvLB64fcg
http://youtu.be/qLi5HH_A0YE
http://youtu.be/4sXPkLfCzUQ
........................... (add your favorite version here)

(See, this is something where you come across as authentic; it's /you/
who thinks it's an awesome song, not some PhD or Carl Sagan.)