POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People Who Break The Law. He Answers Poorly. : Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money ToPeopleWhoBreakThe Law. He Answers Poorly. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money ToPeopleWhoBreakThe Law. He Answers Poorly.
From: clipka
Date: 24 Sep 2014 10:44:32
Message: <5422d8d0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.09.2014 07:40, schrieb Saul Luizaga:

> But you made a mistake: I made about 6 posts with links, and only the
> first 2 had no comments because I thought the title and its repetition
> in the link would have sufficed as such. As I wrote on another post, my
> intention is to give you news, to inform NOT REALLY DISCUSS, [...]
>
> I define asshole someone that in a very unconsidered way makes fast and
> stupid judgements , and that Doctor John was 1, because I had the best
> intentions when I came here to DISCUSS, [...]
>
> I'm glad your memories of me were rather pleasant, my intention is t
> have a good time DISCUSSING, [...]

[emphasis added]

There's some contradiction here.

The point is that the first quoted paragraph is how your posts came
through here. What we're telling you right now is that your posts are
missing the target audience here, who /do/ like to discuss stuff with
someone coming through as an open-minded person, but do /not/ like to be
fed news or information from someone coming through as a zealot evangelist.

Let me emphasize that I'm not calling you a zealot evangelist. I'm
talking about how you come across, and I'm also oversimplifying and
exaggerating a tad to better make my point.

In my personal case though, that tad is becoming smaller and smaller
with every post you've made since I raised the issue. Which again isn't
to say that you're a bad person - you're a person using ineffective
means to reach the audience in this newsgroup. And rather than offend
people openly telling you that they won't listen to you anymore, you
should step back and rethink your means - at least if your primary
intention is to get you message across, rather than just feel good
knowing that you proclaimed it.