POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Sep 2014 03:12:58
Message: <54226efa@news.povray.org>
On 23-9-2014 20:57, Stephen wrote:
> On 23/09/2014 15:57, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> In some parts of the Christian world it is God who is most to be feared.
>>> ;-)
>>>

>> Ah yes! The righteous, angry, vengeful, Old Testamentish God! I knew a
>> few of them who bowed and cringed under his baleful stare :-)
>>

> And that is the one that all Fundamentalists believe in.

Yes. Now that you mentioned this, I sincerely wonder what the position
of the devil can be for them. Is there a place for him? Recalling Salem,
I suppose there is.

>> And still it seems to me, the devil is more to be feared because he will
>> drive you under that baleful stare. Devil and God allied together to
>> bring down the flock and make them meek.
>>

> Keep them in their place? Kowtowing to the priests?

Not /priests/ sir! Those are the minions of the Babylon whore who sits
in Rome!

But yes, I think there certainly is power play involved.

Thomas