POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People Who Break The Law. He Answers Poorly. : Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People WhoBreakThe Law. He Answers Poorly. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Senator Asks Official Why He's Giving More Money To People WhoBreakThe Law. He Answers Poorly.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Sep 2014 20:21:25
Message: <54220e85$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:43:43 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:

> I can't believe the reaction of you people to my messages, I thought
> you'd take them with rational, skeptical and critical thinking, but
> you're taking them emotionally, "I'm uneasy", of course, that's the
> point, it's something fucking wrong with the World we live in and we
> should see that and at least discuss it, with off-line people and do as
> much as you can, even if it's just passing the news, so people get aware
> and that makes noticeable changes over time, are things of common
> interest not only for a certain Country but Humanity, I don't believe in
> nationalism, I consider myself a citizen of the World and as such my
> concern for their citizens.

Well, perhaps, but your replies to Doctor John certainly don't convince
me of anything.

Those kinds of emotional outbursts don't impress and they certainly don't
convince or help your case or cause.

There are plenty of reasons I didn't engage, but honestly, if those root
posts had been from someone whose name I didn't even recognize, I would
have considered them link spam and nothing more.  The only reason I
reacted *at all* is because I remember you from being around here before,
and those memories of you were kind.

But how seeing how you're approaching this, my opinion is, shall we say,
somewhat lowered.

I find that when someone wants to discuss something, they tend to do more
than just post a link to a story - they tend to include some thoughts of
their own, some sort of personal interpretation of the content they're
linking to.

You didn't do that - hence the comment about it looking like "link
spam".  I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but that's what it looks
like to me.

And your reaction to others saying that they've blocked you looks like a
tantrum that I'd expect from a child.

Which makes me wonder if you're going to say anything that's worth my
time to read, or if you're just going to swear at me for being honest
about what I'm seeing.

Jim